Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Let's Adventure Travel !!

Some exciting things are happening here in the world of travel. MickeyTravels has opened a sister agency; Let's Adventure Travel.
This means while I am still your Disney girl, I can book Universal Studios or even a Sandals resort!!  The possibilities are endless!! Where would you like to adventure to next?

While my family absolutely LOVES all things Disney, we also are HUGE fans of Universal. My daughter is one of the biggest Harry Potter fans I know. She wanted to see the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone at the age of 4,  thinking it was going to be to scary or she would loose interest, I decided it was a good idea to read the book first.  I had read all the Harry Potter books, and loved the story, secretly I was excited she wanted to get into it. But I did not have high hopes this would last long. Well it has been almost 10 years in the making and she is a big of a fan as ever.
Harry Potter for Halloween (a couple times)
Harry Potter Birthday, yup more than once!
This cake was made by: Sweetened Memories 
(pretty much the most amazing cakes ever)

She has now read the books her self now multiple times. And been fortunate enough to make the trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter more than once. Her first trip was when she was in Kindergarten, yes it was kind of crazy but, we had an opportunity to taker her, so we took it. 
This was one of the most magical vacations. She was in awe when we saw Hogwarts for the first time. She was amazed when we rounded the corner and saw Buckbeak, and he moved! 


At the time, most of the rides she was to short for and Harry Potter was only inside the Islands of Adventure park. But it didn't matter. We took it all in slowly, did lots of shopping, and thoroughly enjoyed all the details that are the Wizarding World. 


The chocolate frogs actually move!! 

She still has this Hedwig, although she is a little more loved... ok a lot more loved now! Alas the sweatshirt is to small but she wore that ever chance she could! 

Although Universal seems to be designed for big kids, they have plenty for the little ones to do. The Dr Seuss area has some interactive water play areas, and a couple rides perfect for the little ones. 


The Joy of Harry Potter 

Curious George is an area over at the Universal Studios side of the two parks. This is also an interactive area perfect for those younger kids! It includes water so watch out for those mischievous little ones trying to spray you. 

I will admit I am a big ride person. I am not always one who wants to sit and watch a show, obviously my daughter differs from me. We stopped to enjoy some shade and watch Animal Actors on Location. Always loving animals this was such a fun show to watch some familiar animals characters doing tricks! 

Keep those autograph books handy from Disney because Universal has some fun and unique characters to meet. At the age of 5 she loved Scooby Doo. She talks about how funny Shaggy was still to this day! 


I look back at these trips when my daughter was a lot younger, and she had a blast, so did the grown ups. Was she young for it? Absolutely, but would I change a thing? Not a chance.  As time is ever fleeting I am so thankful to have these memories with her and that we took these family vacations. I would never change that and look forward to more family adventures, as well as helping you make family memories and adventures too.   

Want to plan your family vacation? Let me know if you would like a free no obligation quote and we can start with your adventure of a life time. 
gbuck@mickeytravels.com
603-370-7503
Instagram
Find me on Facebook











































No comments:

Post a Comment